Several types of engineering are distinguished in the classification formed by the Economic Commission for Europe and adopted by the engineering community,. The most common type of engineering are consulting, construction, technological and integrated engineering. In Western practice, within integrated engineering contract, a specialized company often also provides, for example, services for arranging financing, setting up the management of supply of resources, performing construction work and preparing the commissioning of the constructed facility. The current stage of the electro-energy industry of Russia development in conditions of the market relations formation and integration into world processes in this area has the following features affecting engineering activity:
– re-engineering of the previously used energy-engineering works organization model;
– transfer of functions of the customer (developer) from state bodies to companies of various forms of ownership
– the withdrawal of the state from direct participation in EPCM-processes in the construction of new facilities
– expansion of the scope of application of the international standard
– global markets of engineering services new models of growth and competition formation.