The choice of the capacity of the refinery depends primarily on the need for certain oil products of the economic region of their consumption, the availability of raw materials and energy resources, the range of transportation and the proximity of neighboring similar fuel enterprises. Large enterprises are more economically efficient than small ones.
Large refineries have favorable prerequisites for constructing powerful high-automated process units and combined production facilities based on large-capacity devices and equipment for more efficient use of raw materials, water and land resources, and a significant reduction in specific capital and operating costs. But with an excessive concentration of refineries and petrochemical enterprises, in proportion to the increase in capacity, transportation radius and construction time increase, and the environmental situation inside and around the refinery deteriorates.
The planning process of an oil refinery with a commodity stock includes several main stages:
1. Survey of the site and conducting of natural measures.
2. Working out of variants of accommodation and a binding of the equipment to a site of building, reception of the basic technical decisions.
3. After agreeing the plan for placing the facilities on the site, an assignment is given for carrying out engineering and geological surveys.
4. Development of the necessary sections of project documentation with the issuance of principal technical specifications for external engineering support.
5. Transfer of a set of project documentation for carrying out the necessary expertise provided by the Federal Law for the projected facility.
6. Development of working documentation for the project and transfer to the Customer in paper form and on electronic media.
6. Construction and installation work on the site, installation of equipment and commissioning.