Industrial Areas Redevelopment: How and Why?
21 august 2018
Industrial architecture is one of the most developing and interesting areas of architecture. This is related to the innovative development of the industry itself. It is necessary to explore and find the form of architectural expressiveness that would guarantee the harmony of industrial development with residential development, without depriving it of its functional purpose.
Certain regularities can be traced in industrial architecture in historical retrospect:
- the division of industrial architecture into objects that depend on the technical components of production, and objects human oriented;
- polarization of industrial architecture objects over the space-planning structure into simple and supercomplex;
- uniformity of production space;
- lack of priorities in the distribution of types of production space;
- Industrial facilities Integrity and multifunctionality.
In retrospect, industrial architecture has several directions of development. The first of these is the sophistication of architecture from a technical point of view. Architecture takes on many technical functions, becomes "alive". Architects actively promote the idea of a "living" architecture, developing the direction of bionic and green architecture, without taking into account that the "living" architecture must be built in accordance with the laws of shaping, meet environmental requirements, and gain dynamism. The implementation of dynamic and moving architecture is extremely important in the field of industrial architecture. Objects of industrial architecture can be located in the urban environment point-to-point, forming industrial areas or technological parks. Stylistically, industrial architecture can seamlessly fit into urban development, adopting any of the architectural styles. More often such buildings become multi-storey universal complexes with the use of the newest building and finishing materials. This direction of development is futuristic and interesting, but it will require large investments, and weather conditions can complicate the functioning of structural systems that provide mobility of the building.
Another promising direction is unification, typification of architecture. With the expansion of the functional purpose of architectural spaces, the external appearance of buildings must change. The dismal and monotonous architecture will be replaced by the refined functionalism of the high-tech style. Industrial facilities follow the path of harmonization with the environment, but their location is more actual outside the city limits, where they can fit into the landscape, grow into large industrial complexes. The maximum subordination with relief leads to the use of functionalism. Synthesis of other directions with it is possible only at the internal, planning level. But the main task will be the combination of styles at the level of the architectural and spatial solution. With this variant of architecture development, building materials should be safe and environmentally friendly. This direction is more simply technologically and economically profitable.
An additional option for the future of industrial architecture can be the proliferation of industrial parks - industrial sites with unique buildings and structures. They are relevant because most of the industrial structures have formed industrial areas and require protection and restoration. The creation of industrial parks will preserve unique industrial structures, their style and design features. But, alas, this would rule out the construction of new facilities in the given territory. Ideal would be the development of industrial parks-monuments in harmony with the development of modern industrial facilities.
So, you are the owner of the territory with the industrial complex located on it, your plans for reconstruction of buildings and improvement of the territory are amazing, but the question arises: where to start? You have come to the right address. You just need an idea. It will be embodied in a new project, in detail corresponding to your preferences and modern technological standards.
Original Projects company specialists WILL REALIZE YOUR IDEA:
– will develop a DETAIL PROJECT In the shortest possible time;
– will give you the opportunity to control the process of creating a project at all stages using BIM-DESIGN TECHNOLOGY;
– will create LAYOUT, GRAPHIC 3D-VISUALIZATION and VIDEO-PRESENTATION of the designed project;
– will CHOOSE the BEST COMBINATION of building and finishing materials;
– will ORGANIZE and CONTROL every PROJECT ENGINEERING process;
– will IMPLEMENT AUTHOR SUPERVISION of construction and reconstruction;
– will GUARANTEE control of CONSTRUCTION EXPERTISE passage;
– YOUR PROJECT will be put into operation "READY-TO-USE"!